Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chef Sweasy

I spent a lot of time yesterday in the kitchen. Not sure why. I guess it's a combination of the fact that our garden is now in full force and we have a TON of tomatoes and cucumbers to deal with, along with the fact that...well, I guess...I just wanted to be in the kitchen. So Saturday I made the following items, all from scratch:

1. Pancakes. I promised my younger daughter that I would make these yesterday, so I did.

2. Pasta Salad. I managed to use both an entire cucumber AND an entire tomato making a pasta salad.

3. Spaghetti Sauce. But that was nothing. I used FOUR tomatoes making a spaghetti sauce from scratch. I also used the remaining green pepper, celery, and onion in the house.

4. A fruit smoothie. I decided yesterday at noon that it would be a great idea to mow the lawn in 95 degree heat. After I finished, I wanted something COLD, so I broke out the blender, three bananas, some yogurt, and several  cubes of ice, and I made a smoothie. It was my favorite thing I made yesterday!

5. Pickles. I used only one cucumber, but I did use an entire one, making sliced sweet pickles.

Today I'm going to try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible, though I know I will shortly be making eggs and soy bacon for my children.

No comments: