Friday, August 6, 2010

Flowers are Red

Today on my other blog--my work blog--I posted a version of the song below. Here's another version. I post it here for a couple of different reasons:
1) I liked both versions and couldn't decide which to use. On one hand, the live version below includes a description of WHY the song was written, but the words in the live version can be hard to hear. Worse, one of the band members drops the "F" bomb while Harry Chapin is talking. The other version (on the other site) has the words right there for you to read, but the images are kind of cheesy. In the end, I decided I would just post both of them, one here and one on the other site.
2) But more importantly, I think the song is very important--especially now that summer is almost over and school is about to start up again--and everyone ought to hear it.



(I can't see the video.)

No comments: