I bit the inside of my mouth today at lunch while I was chewing food.
Hard. I bit it hard! The kind of bite where you hear a crunching.
It's at times when I do things like this that I start to really wonder about my competency as a human being. I mean, come on! Chewing is something that I learned how to do when I was--what?--maybe two years old. I've been doing it multiple times a day EVERY day since then. Yet I still find myself occasionally trying to eat my own mouth! Why is that?
And this isn't the only basic human dexterity that fails me sometimes. I've also occasionally found myself tripping for no apparent reason. I'll be walking along without a care in the world and suddenly my toe catches the ground and I lurch forward. I take a quick look behind me to see what did I just trip over. Was there a hump in the sidewalk? Was there a ledge I didn't see? But no, the ground is completely flat. I just forgot how to walk for a moment! At other times, I'll just drop something, like maybe--say--the remote control. I just drop it! It's in my hands, and I'll watch my fingers just open up and the thing falls out. It's almost like I'm watching someone else do it.
Maybe there's something wrong with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment