Wednesday, May 18, 2011

David Williams

Just about every time I make a political post on this blog I end up regretting it, but sometimes I just can't help myself...

All that David Williams proved by winning the Republican primary for Kentucky's governor is that he doesn't have much of a shot in November. Consider the following:
  • The most populous part of the Commonwealth (Jefferson County/Louisville) voted for a candidate who couldn't afford a single TV ad rather than vote for Williams.
  • Ditto for the second most populous part of the Commonwealth (Fayette County/Lexington).
  • Ditto for the third most populous part of the Commonwealth (Northern Kentucky).
Mostly what we learned yesterday is what we already knew: No one much likes David Williams. In fact, now that I think of it, I've never met anyone who DOES like Williams. Anyone!

Not that I find Governor Beshear much better. I haven't had much respect for him since he turned coward during the last big budget session, as I mentioned in this previous post. But compared to Williams, Beshear looks great.

I'll make this prediction now: It is going to be one ugly, ugly race. Neither man is afraid to throw punches.

At least it'll be entertaining...

No comments: