...After all, it was Palin herself who just a few weeks ago said that she didn't even know what a Vice-President did!
But today something new is troubling me about Palin, and it really isn't political. It's personal. I question her judgement in accepting the Republican nomination. Not because she's not qualified. Not because of Troopergate, or whatever you want to call it. I question it because of the effect it's having on her daughter, Bristol.
She had to know that at some point in the election the world was going to find out about her daughter's pregnancy, and that at that point her daughter's sexual life, something that ought to be private and personal, was going to become front page news. We're not talking a seasoned politician's sex life becoming front page news--we're talking a 17 year old child who did not choose this for herself.
What mother (or father, for that matter) would choose advancing her career over protecting her daughter from an avalanche of vitriol? I know, in the same circumstance, I'd turn down the job rather than expose either of my kids to that kind of trauma.
Then again, maybe that explains why she's a governor and a Vice-Presidential nominee while I'm a guy who plays with computers!
Again, this is a personal question for me, not a political one. As such, it won't factor into my decision to vote for McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden. It's just something that bothers me.
No comments:
Post a Comment