This will post Sunday morning, but as I write this it is 1 o'clock Saturday, and I am sitting in an indoor pool in a Courtyard Marriott in Bowling Green watching my children swim. WHY Are we in an indoor swimming pool in a Courtyard Marriott in Bowling Green, Kentucky? Because Natalie and the rest of her team are competing in the state Odyssey of the Mind competion today at Western Kentucky University. Due to the vagaries of the OotM scheduling, Natalie's team finished all elements of their competition before 11 today, and we now have time to kill prior to the Awards ceremony at 5.
And here are some random thoughts I have had over the last 24 hours.
1. WKU has a beautiful campus. It really is one of the nicest public university campuses that I have ever seen. As we walked around the campus looking at all of the buildings I became nostalgic for my college days. I really loved colleget, much more than I did schooling before that, and I kept thinking how nice it would be to go back. On the other hand, we went into the University Center because we were a few minutes early, and it just so happened that the University was having an Open House for potential students and their parents. And I realized that we were just 6 years away from this ourselves with Meredith. Time flies.
2. As we were driving down I-65 headed toward Bowling Green I saw a sign that said "Construction 2 miles ahead" and I thought something that I never would have guessed would have come to me after seeing that sign: "Thank God!" Because the interstate just south of Louisville is in such bad shape, I WELCOMED the orange construction signs because they meant that soon the roads were going to get better.
3. I just realized that my cell phone is not a great place to try to type a long blog entry, so I am going to stop.
Now.
No comments:
Post a Comment