Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fantastic Article

For today's post, I link to the article below. I do so for a couple of reasons:

1) Because the message of the article is important.
Look, I don't care whether you believe in man-made global warming or not. While I think the evidence is pretty clear that the earth today is warmer than it was 100 years ago, you can certainly make a case that it's not because of anything man is doing (I wouldn't agree with you, but I can certainly understand the argument.). But every time we get a couple of inches of snow or the temperature outside drops below 15 degrees, global warming critics start saying things like, "Guess Al Gore's got nothing to say now!" or "THIS is supposed to be global warming!" It infuriates me because it shows a complete lack of understanding about the theory of global warming. Global warming doesn't suggest that it's going to be 70 degrees outside in February. Global warming is just the idea that the average temperature of the earth over time is rising. The AVERAGE temperature OVER TIME! Not today's temperature. So please, critics of global warming, stop using these tired lines. All they do is demonstrate your ignorance.

2) Because of the Byline at the end of the article.
This is the REAL reason I'm linking to the article. Scroll down to the end and read the byline. I had to read it three times to make sure I saw it correctly.

Read the article.

No comments: