It occurred to me just now that...three posts ago...I wrote this long blog entry about my mother being in the hospital and asked for prayers from everyone, but I never followed up with how my mother was doing. So here it is...
...My mother is doing much better. In fact, she came home this morning for the first time since going into the hospital. This now marks the SECOND time that my mother has been close to dying (so close to dying that even the medical professionals around her admitted later in both cases that they didn't think she'd make it) and pulled through. She's like a cockroach--you CAN'T kill her!
Oh great, with that "cockroach" comment, I've now given my mother TWO reasons to hit me over the head with a newspaper. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that--thanks to the fact that both the State-Journal and the Lexington Herald Leader are online--my mother hasn't subscribed to a newspaper in more than a year.
And on the off hand chance that you do find a newspaper around somewhere, Mom, I'm going to post this photo on here so that you'll remember how much I love you AND HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME!
Anyway, everyone, thanks for the prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment