About eight months ago I decided that I was going to take a break from writing this blog, but stated at the time that I would probably come back to it. And I did. After a one month break, I came back to the blog with renewed enthusiasm. But I've decided now that I am actually completely done with this blog. I will not be adding to it after this post and the next one.
In the next blog post, my final blog post, I'll explain WHY I'm quitting this blog. Today, though, I'd like to take a look back and present to you my 25 favorite posts on this blog. I read back through all 840 prior blog posts, and these are the 25 that summed me up the best.
I started to try to rank these from 25th to 1st, but I very quickly decided that was a bad idea. Yes, even in this group of entries there are a few that stand out in my mind more strongly than the others. "Just a Building," "Wal-Mart," "The Sacrifices of a Stay at Home Mom," "A Truly Crazy Day," and "My 8th Grade Yearbook Photo" would be my top five, but once I get past them, I can't really say I like any one of the others more than any other one. So instead of ranking them, they're here in reverse chronological order. Which is fitting, I guess, since that's how a blog is typically arranged.
I guess I COULD write a few words about each of the entries and why I like it so much, but I don't see where that's necessary. I never like to read writers writing about their own writing. They always seem pretentious and like they're over thinking what they're doing. I'd rather just let the entries speak for themselves.
I place this blog entry here as a service for anyone who--in the future--stumbles across this blog and is curious. Friend, don't waste your time looking through all 840 blog entries. Most are a waste of time. These are the good ones...
December, 2011: No Santa
November, 2011: My Time is Here
September, 2011: Vanity (part 1, part 2)
July, 2011: Box
February, 2011: Just a Building
January, 2011: Wal-Mart
December, 2010: Second Chances
November, 2010: Blind as a Bat (part 1, part 2)
November, 2010: Lack of Civility
September, 2010: Poorly Written Copy
June, 2010: The Sweasy Bunch
May, 2010: The Sacrifices of a Stay at Home Mom
December, 2009: Twenty Years
December, 2009: All True Energy
November, 2009: Trapped by a Vision
September, 2009: Personal Growth
September, 2009: A Truly Crazy Day
August, 2009: A Game of Telephone
July, 2009: Jesus Sandals
June, 2009: Too Much Service Can Be a Bad Thing
March, 2009: Because I'm Black
January, 2009: My Most Embarrassing Moment
January, 2009: My 8th Grade Yearbook Photo
November, 2008: Warning!
September-October, 2008: Jesus Was a Democrat (part 1, part 2, and part 3)
*Yes, I know the word "penultimate." I just thought maybe everyone else didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment