Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BONUS--Extra Post--BONUS!!

Okay, I promise not to make this an every day occurrence to make multiple posts.

But I had to write to say SOMETHING about the election yesterday.

Originally I had decided intentionally NOT to write about the election today because it's over and because--to be honest--it's been over for a month now. Also, I didn't want to gloat about prior predictions (which I guess I will go ahead and do by pointing you to this prior post and to this one).

So instead of writing about the election I wrote about cable TV. But then I felt this morning like I had to say SOMETHING. So here I am...saying something.

It was an historic night. I didn't watch McCain's concession speech or Obama's acceptance speech live--too late at night for me. But I time shifted the speeches and watched them this morning. And the entire family watched them with me. We sat on the couch and the floor in the living room in pajamas and bathrobes and watched the first African-American ever elected to the office of President of the United States give his acceptance speech. I was amazed the children were interested, but they seemed more than just interested--they seemed riveted. Sure, about halfway through they got up and went and had breakfast, but it's longer than I would have lasted at their age.

I hope they remember this morning when they're adults.

No comments: