Saturday night a co-worker of mine was thrown a surprise retirement party (The retirement wasn't a surprise--the party was), and I attended. The party was held at a Buffalo Wild Wings Bar and Grill, a place I'd never been to before. They're all over the place, and I'd seen them advertised lots of times on TV, but for whatever reason (maybe because I'm not a drinker) I'd never been in.For anyone else who's never been in one, I think I can describe it to you fairly easily: just imagine that you're having a meal in the TV aisle of a Best Buy. There are TV's everywhere, many of them a lot nicer than the ones at your house. You'll find yourself looking around and imagining that THAT TV would look just right in your bedroom, and THAT one is your dream TV for the living room. There's a thumping loud beat of distant music, which is just like the guy at Best Buy over in the stereo aisle trying out some new speakers. There's even a uniformed guy that comes by every couple of minutes to ask if you need any help. The only difference is that THIS guy will bring you food!
The parallels are all there. So don't be surprised if you see me in the actual Best Buy sitting in the TV section eating some chicken wings. When the shocked salesperson comes over and asks if I need some help, I'll look at him and say, "Yeah, can you bring me some more of that Mango Habanero sauce? And what do I have to do to get ESPN2 on the BIG TV?"
No comments:
Post a Comment