I absolutely HATE chain emails, and I usually don't even read them, but this one was sent to me yesterday and I really thought it pretty profound. I did some fact checking and it actually appears to be the truth, too, though I wouldn't be my life on it. This isn't the whole thing sent to me, just the beginning, but the beginning is the best part. The rest gets pretty tedious.
_______________________________
Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises, included the following comments in a university commencement address he delivered several years ago on the relationship of work to one's other commitments in life:
"Imagine life as a game in which you juggle in the air five balls named Work, Family, Health, Friends, and Spirit. As you endeavor to keep them all in the air, you will soon realize that Work is a rubber ball, and if you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls, however, Family, Health, Friends, and , are made of glass. Drop one of them, and the ball is irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered, never to be the same. You must understand this fact, and strive for balance in your life. "
No comments:
Post a Comment