I was thinking just now about what I should write as my final blog post of the year, and then I couldn't come up with anything so I thought, "Why not just post a video that sort of sums up the year?" So I started looking through the top hits of 2011. LMFAO, Katy Perry, Adele. But then it hit me: The song below, though it's a quarter century old, sums up the past year like no other. Even my last post was about rebelling (though I didn't intend to draw any parallel--just dumb luck).
When I first heard this song I thought, We'll never see a day like what's being described in the song. But from Egypt to Wall Street to just about everywhere on the Internet, this song would fit right in. Tracy Chapman was just a little bit ahead of her time.
It'll be interesting to see if this spirit carries forward into the new year, and if it does what it means (good or bad) for the world...
(I can't see the video.)
No comments:
Post a Comment