Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cool New Photo Tool

Hi! Today I wanted to promote a cool new photo tool that was just released last week by Microsoft. The product is called PhotoSynth, and it allows a user to create a sort of virtual experience using a series of photos.

The ability to create a virtual experience is nothing new. Quicktime has had the ability to create pans for years (In fact, there are three of these on the Vent Haven Museum site). However, the software to create these pans a) costs money and b) is hard to use.

PhotoSnyth is free and couldn't be easier. You just download the software, stick into the software the photos you want to use to create your virtual experience, and then click a button. The program does everything else.

I created a PhotoSynth last night of the girls in their playroom just to see if I could do it. It turned out okay. After I did it I watched a video that showed me how to create one, and I understood what I did wrong.

Still, even without having done it right what I did came out pretty cool. You can check it out by clicking this link.

Note: You'll have to download a Photosynth plug-in in order to view the link.

No comments: