Anyway, ever since that time, I've been getting personal emails from Barack Obama on a weekly basis. Heck, I sometimes hear from him twice a week. Last night I got an email from Michelle Obama. She REALLY wanted me to watch her speech last night. Not sure why. My guess is she's heard that I taught speech and drama for a couple of years in the mid '90's, and she values my input.
And all of these emails, by the way, are personalized. They have MY name on them. So I know they're meant for just me.
Two days ago I got an email (again with MY name on it) from Joe Biden. Here's what it said:
Bryan --I'd like to thank you for the warm welcome I've received as the
newest member of this campaign.What you and Barack have accomplished over the
past 19 months is incredible, and it's an honor to be part of it. I'm looking
forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting involved.I recorded a short video
message about how I hope to help in the weeks ahead.
Please watch this video and pass it on:
http://my.barackobama.com/bidenvideo
Thank you,Joe
My favorite part of the email is Joe (He and I are on a first name basis now) acknowledged what both Obama AND I have accomplished over the last 19 months. He even called it "incredible." Apparently he's heard about the upgrade to our school district's network, our rollout of wireless Wi-Fi all over the district, and our replacement of hundreds of student workstations. I knew I was working hard, but "incredible"? Well, Senator Jospeh Biden says so!
Here's my point in all of this:
I'm important.
I have big friends in big places. In fact, if the Democrats win in the fall I'll have big friends in the biggest place of all.
Keep that in mind next time you talk to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment