Monday, January 12, 2009

Just an Observation

Here's another sign that people are struggling in this economy: The number of people visiting my school district's website and asking for information about being a substitute teacher is up more than 300% from August of 2008 through January of 2009 compared to the same period a year prior.* People need money and are ready to take temporary work.

*Yes, geek that I am, I keep stats like that sitting around! But I have a good reason: People only request information via the web site when they can't find it on the web site itself, so I try to keep tabs on what a lot of people can't find on the web site so that I can either put it on the web site or make it easier to find. *

*Wow! Look how many times I wrote the words "web site" in a three line paragraph!*

*How much smaller can this text get before it's unreadable?

No comments: