Way back when Sarah Palin actually mattered, I wrote that a) I thought she'd be the downfall of John McCain and b) that I questioned her judgment* in agreeing to run for Vice-President, knowing that her daughter Bristol was going to get a lot of negative media attention as a result of Palin's campaign for the Vice-Presidency. So I'm not a fan. I've never really liked Palin much, and what in her that passes as charm for many passes as grating irritation to me. So I never thought I'd write the headline I wrote above.
However, I agree with Palin that her daughter ought to be off limits to the media, just like the children of any other politician. Bash Sarah Palin all you want, but leave Bristol Palin alone. She didn't ask for the media attention and doesn't deserve it. Let her raise her child in peace and quiet.
*which I spelled correctly the first time, without a spell check, thank you very much!
1 comment:
This the way politics is in this country; you destroy the person's family to destroy the opponent. The Democrats are the best at it: the "Clinton" women are a good example. Until Republicans lower their standards and play "hardball" this will happen over and over again. Nixon was probably the best Republican at desruction with his "Plumbers" unit. When she was selected the reporters, investigators headed to Alaska, but they just couldn't get to Chicago; probably wanted to just "see Russia" Just look at how mean the press is to Caroline Kennedy. I heard (actually read it on the Smudge Report)that Palin's daughter was a "Cross Dresser" Yes that's right when she gets dressed she has a "Cross" on a chain around her neck
Post a Comment