Monday, September 21, 2009

The Bengals

Last year, the week before the first game of the season, I made a number of predictions about the Cincinnati Bengals and how they would do. I then updated those predictions after four games and at the end of the season.

So why didn't I make predictions this year? I forgot. That's all. I just forgot to do so. And now we're two weeks into the season, and it seems a little silly to make predictions now. I will say that I enjoyed the game yesterday. The Bengals looked good. If you take away the freak play at the end of the Broncos game and the Bengals would be 2-0 right now.

The problem with the NFL, though, is that EVERY game means something. You can't really say that about Major League Baseball or the NBA. The Reds can lose a single game and no one really cares--there are 162 games in a season. But in a 16 game season EVERY game matters. And I think that first game against the Broncos might come back to haunt them later on.

All right! Silly or not, I can't help making a prediction: 9-7, and they miss the playoffs by a game.

1 comment:

Building The Willys said...

Las Vegas line was they can't win more than 6