I've always been torn watching the Cincinnati Bengals and the Pittsburgh Steelers play. That's because I've always been a fan of both teams. I remember as a child growing up in the seventies wanting to BE Pittsburgh Steeler Lynn Swann--he was my hero! And I loved the Steel Curtain. And who didn't like the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial? But the Bengals have always been my hometown team (even if they were 90 miles away when I was growing up) and I remember rooting for Cincinnati Bengals Ken Anderson and Archie Griffin when I was a kid. So as I said at the top of this paragraph, I've always been torn because I loved both teams equally.
Or so I thought.
Last night, when Cincinnati Bengal Carson Palmer whipped the ball to Andre Caldwell with just 14 seconds left in the game, giving the Bengals their first win over the Steelers in years, I leaped up from the couch. "YES!" I screamed so loudly that everyone else in the room stared at me in shock. I ran over to the big screen TV and stood maybe nine inches from it, shouting, "WE win and YOU lose! I HATE you guys!"
So now I know where my loyalties REALLY lie.
No comments:
Post a Comment