Please, people, don't be mad at me about this, or think I'm insensitive. This started out innocently enough. In fact, I was thinking of YOU people when I wrote this, that you were probably getting tired of me posting about bad songs, that maybe I should go out with a big shebang (Oh crud! There was another song I could have used!). I wasn't being insensitive. If anything, I was being TOO sensitive. Yeah, that's it!
Anyway, as I said, it all started innocently. Yesterday morning I was thinking about all of these posts I've made recently about bad songs, and it occurred to me that it's not the music that ever bothers me about songs. I know other people have musical tastes different from mine, and so if I don't like the music I just turn the dial on the radio.
It's the LYRICS that always get to me. If they're really, really bad lyrics it doesn't matter to me how good the music is. The song will drive me crazy. So it occurred to me that I could just post a bunch of bad lyrics to a bunch of different songs and let that be that as far as my posts about bad songs went. But then a voice in my head said, "Sometimes, even bad lyrics can sound good if they're sung with intensity and feeling" (a point made clear, I think, by the Blues Travelers' song "The Hook). "So maybe I should find a way to remove the singer's voice from the song." I thought about filming myself just blandly reading the lyrics, or maybe even dramatically reading the lyrics. In the end, though, I was camera shy, so I placed the lyrics into a text to speech engine instead. And I found that so funny that I just kept going. But once it was all done, and I started to make the video for YouTube, I thought to myself, "What am I going to put up as a picture while the lyrics are being read?"
And I ended up with this.
I swear I wasn't setting out to callously make fun of the handicapped!
It just turned out that way...
(I can't see the video.)
No comments:
Post a Comment