A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was almost through a really rough month at work. The video below, which was posted this week on Microsoft's website, discusses the big part of why May was such a busy month for me. The video, and the accompanying news articles, make it sound like all of this was done over a weekend, but it's been years in the making.
And what we had to do at the district level is nothing compared to what the Kentucky Department of Education had to do to get this ready.
Oh, and by the way, for my Western Hills High School classmates reading this on Facebook, if you watch the video carefully, you'll get glimpses of 1986 grad John Logan, who was one of the computer engineers behind the project (John's been the mastermind behind KDE's email system for almost two decades now). John never speaks in the video, but you can see him throughout. He's kind of hard to spot as that flaming red hair he had in 1986 has grayed quite a bit, but you can see him. He's wearing a powder blue golf shirt, and he's first seen just before the 1:00 mark, drawing a diagram on a whiteboard. He's most visible, I guess, toward the end of the video, opening a door that says "Office of Education Technology."
(I can't see the video)
No comments:
Post a Comment