
I don't want to get into bashing Roman Catholics, but I just couldn't get over the juxtaposition in this article. In the text of the article the Pope is condemning the accumulation of wealth, but in the picture that accompanies the article (the same picture shown to the right) the Pope is adorned in fancy clothes. I don't know for sure, but knowing what I know about the Vatican, I would guess that some of that gold-colored stuff the Pope is wearing and carrying is, in fact, actual GOLD!
Again, don't think I'm bashing Catholicism. I just found the article ironic. After all, the Pope's got the coolest house on the planet! He rides around in a vehicle named after HIMSELF (I think Batman is the only other guy who can say that)! And he's whisked all around the world in his own private jet (I've never heard of the Pope flying coach)!
Maybe if a poor monk in a monastery had made the point it might have been a little more valid.
Here's the article.
No comments:
Post a Comment