Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Prediction About the World Series...

...is that I won't watch it.

That's not true, actually. I'll probably, at some point, end up watching an inning or two. But once the Cincinnati Reds fall out of contention for the pennant (which usually happens about mid-May in recent years) I pretty much quit paying attention. And this year once Adam Dunn and Ken Griffey, Jr. were traded there was no sense in even paying attention anyway. At least when those guys were playing I could tune in to hear other fans bash Dunn's strike outs or Griffey's being too old. It just isn't the same to hear people bashing...uh...bashing...I can't think of any of the current players' names right now. That's how sad they are.

So I wish the Phillies and the Rays luck, but I don't really care who wins, and I don't plan to pay a whole lot of attention.

No comments: