Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blagojevich for President!

If you've read this blog before, you know that I've been a fairly strong supporter of Barack Obama. However, I now think that we elected the wrong Illinois politician. I say it should have been Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich for President!

After all, who do you really want trying to fix our country's economy? A (mostly)* squeaky-clean politician like Obama, or someone like Blagojevich who knows how to get things done, how to make money!

People from both the right and the left are complaining about the billions and trillions of dollars that we're spending to right the economy, but imagine how much money Blagojevich could make as a U.S. President. I bet Obama didn't get a single dollar for his appointment of Hillary Clinton to the Secretary of State position. Do you think Blagojevich would have let that opportunity get by him? No way! And what would he have said to Secretary of Commerce Bill Richardson? Maybe, "Thanks for delivering the Latino vote there, amigo, but that ain't enough. You can't just [EXPLETIVE] walk in here and expect some mother [EXPLETIVE] position in my cabinet. You're going to have to [EXPLETIVE] make it [EXPLETIVE] worth my while, comprende?"

And imagine how much better off we'd be as a country if Blagojevich was taking all of that money he was raising and paying down our growing national debt. The National Debt Clock might be able to take that extra digit back down off of its sign!

I say Blagojevich in 2012...provided he's out of prison by then, that is.

*Thanks, Tony Rezko, for forcing me to include that parenthetical.

No comments: