Monday, December 1, 2008

Moving In!

Well, today is the big day! The movers come at 9 AM today to move the few items that we didn't feel like touching ourselves (The washer and dryer, the couch, the TV cabinet, etc.). And tonight we will sleep at our new address!

We're all pretty excited. We're all also pretty tired. It's been a long Thanksgiving weekend of moving, and I'm glad that--despite the dozens of boxes all over the place, and despite that I'm not sure where my brown dress shoes are--at least we're in one place, one painted, moved into place, and though we still have a lot of work left to do, at least I don't have to hear anymore, "That's not here. It's at the other house!"

If you're in the process of moving, is that an axiom: "No matter what you need it will be at the other house"?

2 comments:

Building The Willys said...

Great, so now the fun begins, unpack. At least Lisa understands the "Moving System" However it won't be the old Yates saying; "If you don't really need it, don't unpack it we'll be moving again soon!" Look forward to seeing the Sweasy Estate.

bsweasy said...

You're right that Lisa does understand the whole "Moving System." I did respect that she's been through about two dozen more moves in her life than I have and I let her kind of lead the way.

Regrading "We'll be moving again soon," don't be so sure we don't be. We moved to often when we first got married that when Lisa was hired for Vent Haven I thought, "Well, at least we'll be here for five years!" Now I don't have that protection anymore. I need to get worried again when I come home and find her looking at houses online.