I plan to go to bed before 11, same as I do every other New Year's Eve. It's just another day to me. All it means to me is another January of putting the wrong year down on everything from checks to business letters until somehow, someway, I finally get it into my system that we're in a new year.
If you're staying up tonight, more power to you. And you might want to pause for a second before shouting "Happy New Year!" No, not to reflect upon this past year and make any New Year's Resolutions, but to make sure that when you shout "Happy New Year" that it actually IS the new year. Because 2008 is going to be one second longer than a normal year thanks to a Leap SECOND that was added. Actually, it was already 24 hours longer than a normal year thanks to 2008 being a Leap Year, so I guess it would be truer to say that it's going to be 1,441 seconds longer than a normal year.
Whatever. Somebody just tell me what time it is and what year it is when it's all over.
No comments:
Post a Comment