A few days ago I wrote a rather long post complaining about the political climate of 2010. Here's another example: Today I was browsing Google News and found the article linked to at the end of this post. It's an article from FoxNews.com, and its headline reads "Mel Gibson: Obama Doesn't Have What it Takes to 'Fix' America." I'm not a particular fan of Mel Gibson, and as the post above mentions, I'm not a fan of Fox News either, so I'm not sure why I decided to look at the article, but I did. I guess because Gibson is a non-American, I was interested in what his take on the whole thing was. I also knew that--at least religiously--he was a conservative, and again I was interested in his point of view.I read the article and was baffled. Gibson wasn't attacking Obama at all. If anything, he was defending Obama. His quote was, "Obama is a man with an impossible task on his hands. He got left a mess and I wish him all the best but I don't think he's going to fix it in five minutes and probably not in his entire tenure." Apparently that was ALL he said. How FoxNews went from that to its headline eludes me. The only solution is that they're looking for ANY reason to put down Obama.
Conversely, if MSNBC ran the story, I'm sure they'd pick up on the FRONT of Gibson's quotation rather than the back, and their headline would read something like "Mel Gibson: America's Problems are Fault of Previous Republican Adminstration, Not Obama's"
Read the article.
No comments:
Post a Comment