Monday, March 1, 2010

How Stupid Do You Have to Be?

A few posts ago I mentioned how up in arms teachers all over the Commonwealth of Kentucky are that two days of instruction are being cut, meaning less time for student learning and an effective pay cut for teachers. And teachers are not alone in suffering legislative cuts. In fact, education has been spared most of the cuts that other parts of the Kentucky public budget has faced. In some areas, cuts in recent years have totaled 20 percent or more.

Which is why it was so shocking over the weekend to learn that--in the currently proposed budget--the state legislature wants to increase ITS budget by 3 percent.

I am sure that there must be some valid reason for the legislature wanting to do this, but I can't fathom why they would try it in this political climate. They had to KNOW this was going to look bad, and it's only increased the fervor of people who are saying "Vote ALL incumbents out of office--regardless of party!" Normally, with people like that, I think they're idiots.

I'm starting to buy into their philosophy now, though.

Read more here.

1 comment:

Building The Willys said...

This is so easy a Caveman can figure it out: They do not give a damn about the people, they only care about themselves, their pensions and reelections, but alas they learned it from the feds.