Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Economic Stimulus for Dummies!

Here's an example of a blog sending a link to another (much better) blog...

...This weekend I was listening to NPR and I heard a radio story about the "new" economic stimulus package that really blew me away. It was the first time that anyone really explained to me the THEORY behind the economic stimulus in a way that made sense to me.

Note that I emphasized "theory" in the previous sentence. I honestly don't care if $5 billion is going to this project or $22 billion is going to do this other project. The scope and size of these projects all are too vast for my puny little brain to truly grasp. This story is about the idea of the THEORY (note the emphasis again) of what this economic stimulus is supposed to do, and what the risks are concerning it.

And I know what my ultraconservative friends are thinking: NPR! Ugh! It's going to be left-wing drivel, but this is honestly the most balanced, understandable story that I've ever heard, and it's not easy listening, but it ain't hard if you're paying attention, either. If you really want to know the big picture behind this stimulus bill, here's where you can hear it.

Click this link and then click the play button on the Flash bar just beneath the picture. Drag the bar to the 7:45 mark (if you're counting up on the left side. If you're counting down on the right side it's the 15:00 minute). That's where the story begins.
-----
Update: I just listened to the link that I posted and realized that the entire story is not there, only a sort of Reader's Digest Condensed version. The full story can be downloaded for free as an MP3 here: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=373

No comments: