Saturday, August 28, 2010

Band Performance

So my older daughter is in 8th grade this year, and it's her first year in marching band. This weekend has been exciting for her and for us. First, last night the band performed half of their show at halftime of the first football game of the season, and this evening, after a full day practice, they had the official "Parent Preview Show." After a band booster picnic in the school cafeteria we all tromped out to the football field to watch the full show. It was exciting stuff.

Below is a video of Friday night's performance. Sorry the video quality isn't great, but I shot it with my digital still camera, which doesn't do that great with video. But for the out of town grandparents, at least you can get an idea of what it was like to be there.

I'll shoot a higher quality shot later in the season when they're all dressed up in their uniforms and have perfected the rough spots.



(I can't see the video.)

No comments: