Monday, February 16, 2009

Blu-Ray

I watched my first movie on a Blu-Ray player Saturday night, and I have to say I found it completely distracting. The movie was The Dark Knight, which everyone had told me was awesome. But while I was watching it I kept noticing the resolution instead of following the plot. Batman was standing at the top of a building getting ready to leap off and perform some valiant stunt or another, but I was thinking, "Wow! I can see that guy in the window in the building way off in the distance!" Later, when the Joker was making some threat while in a holding cell, my reaction was, "Look at that! You can see Heath Ledger's acne!"

It reminds me of the first time my family ever had a color TV back when I was a kid. I remember vividly the first show I watched on it: a rerun of The Flintstones. I couldn't begin to tell you what episode it was. I just remember watching it with my sister Ann and being mesmerized by the vibrant colors. I think maybe Ann and I had fooled with the color saturation and turned it WAY up because I remember looking away from the TV and saying to Ann, "Wow! It looks like the whole world is in black and white now," and she agreed with me.

We've come a long way, baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you didn't say "older" sister. I remember that too. Who knew Fred's outfit was orange? Thanks for the memory. Ann

bsweasy said...

I wonder how old we were when that happened.