The party began with Meredith herding all of the girls up into her room and into her capacious closet. As each new girl came in the others jumped out and surprised her. They then spent a solid fifteen minutes screaming for no apparent reason. We then had pizza, followed by another fifteen minutes of screaming, followed by cake and presents. Then the girls watched music videos on YouTube on our TV before screaming for another ten or fifteen minutes, followed by (and this was a special request from Meredith) the cooking of s'mores in our fire pit on the back porch. I really have no idea what happened after that because I then had to spend an hour and a half outside tending the fire as I didn't want a repeat of what happened the last time I left a fire unattended. At some point, though, the girls started watching a movie, and once that was over they supposedly went to sleep for the night, though I think several of them were up for quite a while.
It's a good thing our girls' birthdays are several months apart. It gives Lisa and me time to forget how loud these things can be.
1 comment:
NOW you are getting old! Actually the screaming is a secret teenage (girls only) code that basicly says I have turned in my common sense brain for 7 years or something like that.
Post a Comment