Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Morning

This is the kind of work week that I simultaneously look forward to and dread...

This week I am going to be out of my office for three straight days Wednesday through Friday. I'll be in Frankfort at a retreat/training for the Kentucky Society for Technolgy in Education (KySTE). And I look forward to these kinds of weeks for a number of reasons:
  1. They get me out of my office and away from my desk.
  2. They break up the routine of my job, giving me a nice break.
  3. They allow me to network with colleagues, picking up tips and idea for my job.
  4. Number Three above is such a dry, emotionless thing, though. More importantly, those people I'm networking with I consider friends, and this is a chance to see them.
At the same time, though, I hate weeks like this, because
  1. Quite often there's a lot of work getting ready for something like this. See Saturday's post for more details.
  2. When I come back to my office next week, after three days off, I will be absolutely overwhelmed with stuff I'll need to take care of. I imagine that NEXT Monday all I will have time to do is respond to emails.
  3. I will be away from my family for a couple of nights.
So there are good things and bad things about this week.

Sounds like most of life...

No comments: