A couple of days ago I made a post about an artist from the Ukraine and her sand art that won her the Ukraine's version of America's Got Talent. During that post I mentioned that I didn't know why everyone started crying at about the 5:00 minute mark, that I didn't understand what the image of a tree on a tall hill was supposed to be.
Well, I didn't give up looking. After not being able to find anything but other blog entries of the performance after googling the artist's name, I instead began googling war monuments in the Ukraine. I found lots of good information, including pictures of a monument that looks like it could kick the Statue of Liberty's butt in a fight.
I also found what I think is the monument being referred to in the sand art. It's not a tree on a hill. It's a larger than life war medal on an obelisk, and it's a monument to World War II, which--I also learned--Russian citizens do not call World War II, but instead call it "The Great Patriotic War."
In case you missed the sand art the first time, here it is again.
(I can't see the video.)
No comments:
Post a Comment