Sunday, October 25, 2009

Should Be Required Listening

For the last two weeks I've been listening at nights to podcasts of PRI's This American Life. The last two weeks the show has focused on our current health care system and why it is so expensive. It's been an EXTREMELY enlightening experience for me. I think every American should be required to listen to these two hours of radio. It has coalesced some opinions of mine about the current health care reform, namely
1. The United States health care system is in immediate need of MAJOR reform and
2. The currently proposed health care plans do not go far enough to make any meaningful changes to our health care system.

Again, I think EVERYONE should hear these. It's more "fair and balanced" than you'll get from Fox News or MSNBC, and more in depth than you're ever going to get from your nightly news.

If you'd like to listen to the shows yourself, you can listen to them in their entirey online.

Episode One is here:  Listen online

Episoe Two is here: Listen online

No comments: