This will be a very short post because I'm writing it on my cell phone. Why am I writing it on my cell phone, you ask? Because my cable access at home, including my Internet access, has been out since some time Wednesday. The cable company is coming "sometime between 8 AM and 8 PM" to fix the issue, which seems to only be happening to MY house.
I think I know what the issue is. Late in the day on Tuesday, the day before the outage, there was a cable contractor up on the telephone pole doing something for our neighbor. I think he must have loosened our connection and it came out the next day. Regardless, I don't have cable or Internet.
And I have to say this: I feel like I'm living in the fricken Stone Age! I feel like every modern convenience in the world has been denied me! And I can't believe I have to wait 48 hours to get a response!
All of that is nonsense, of course. All that's out is my TV and my Internet access. And in a crunch, I could pull the digital receiver out of the workout room and hook up a TV, and all four of the people in our house have the Internet on our cell phones anyway. And there's nothing wrong with our running water, our electricity, or our aforementioned cell phones. So I'm not sure what I'm complaining about.
But I can't help it. I can't help feeling like this is perhaps the most annoying inconvenience that could ever be thrust upon someone.
I guess I'm writing to tell myself to get over it!
No comments:
Post a Comment