Thursday, August 18, 2011

...Of Calamine Lotion...

I mentioned a few days ago about my poison ivy and how much having it sucked. I wanted to give you an update...

It still sucks.

I was telling my wife last night that there's always a point when I'm sick when I can no longer remember what it was like to NOT be sick. When I have a bad cold, and my head and nose have been congested for weeks, and I can barely breathe, and my nose is actually sore and chafed from the boxes and boxes of tissue that I've used, I can't remember ever being well. In my head, I know that I was--for a very long time, even--but I just can't bring up any real memory of how wonderful that must have felt.

That's how it is right now with this poison ivy. I've been scratching for more than a week now, and I am STILL finding new spots every day. The first spots are all but gone, but I keep having a delayed reaction. I have a prescription steroidal lotion that I'm putting on my rash three times a day, but mostly it just makes my skin sticky. I haven't worn a suit to work all week because I'm afraid of staining a dress shirt with the stuff.

To be honest, I actually feel a little better today than I did yesterday. That's the first day that's happened. So maybe in a couple of days this WILL all be gone. But for now, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still suffering from this rash years from now.

No comments: