Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Heartbeat Away

So ever since John McCain announced Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate for the Presidency, there has been a lot of criticism of her lack of experience (which I'm not going to comment about...today anyway). The Obama campaign, just a few minutes after her announcement, released this statement:


Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency.
I suppose that the point of this was to scare us all into thinking how terrible it would be to have an inexperienced Palin as President.

But as I was mowing the lawn yesterday a thought occurred to me: Between now and January, Dick Cheney is a heartbeat away from the Presidency!

Holy Cow! That's a hundred times scarier than the thought of Palin being President!

And that was where I intended to end this post, but I wanted to add this little addendum: I just went out on the Net searching for the photo above of Palin. As I searched, I was amazed at how many people have already taken a headshot of Palin and placed it atop the body of some suggestive, nude, or even pornographic image.

I guess Hillary was right: Sexim IS alive and well in 2008.

No comments: