You may (or may not) have noticed that over the last two weeks I have not made a single post about the Olympics. Which might seem strange when you consider that it's all anyone seems to have talked about. But now that the closing ceremonies are over let me say this for everyone to hear:- I don't care about the Redeem Team.
- I don't care if the Chinese gymnasts were underage.
- No, I didn't watch the women's beach volleyball finals. I've never watched beach volleyball in my life.
- I don't care about Insane Bolt or whatever his name is (He sounds like a super villain, maybe the Flash's arch enemy).
- No, I didn't watch Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal. Or this 7th. Or his 6th. Or his...
- No, I didn't watch the triathalon. Or the team handball. Or the dart finals. Or the shoe polishing finals. Or whatever.
I resent the Olympics. I resent that every four years the Olympics come on and try to get me to care about sports that I didn't care about for the other three years. Guess what, Olympics? There's a reason why I don't care for these sports. They're boring!
I resent NBC Nightly News. For the last two weeks it's been a commercial for the Olympics, which are coming up later that evening but covering events that happened 8 hours ago.
So I'm glad it's over. The Closing Ceremonies (which NO! I didn't watch) happened yesterday morning at 8 AM Eastern time and were broadcast sometime last night. Now we can pack away synchronized swimming and diving and archery for another four years, and get back to reasonable activities.
Like NFL football.
And the Presidential Election.
Thank God for autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment