
Sunday I went to a Cincinnati Reds game, my first of the season. It was a gift from my father-in-law for Father's Day. At least I think it was a gift. It was 95 degrees, sunny, and Sweasy's First Law of Summer was in effect (I made sure to cover my ears this time, but I didn't account for the fact that my t-shirt was going to shift around on me, so I didn't put the sunscreen a little bit underneath the neck of my shirt. As a result, I have a nice red ring around my neck).
In addition, the Reds were just plain awful. We only stayed through six innings, but they never even came CLOSE to scoring. I think they eventually lost 9-0.
Their pitching hasn't been TERRIBLE the last week or so, but they have no offense at all. There is an article in today's Cincinnati Enquirer that talks about the fact that not only are they losing, but they're losing AND boring at the same time.
I think the problem might begin with their manager. Here's what he had to say about last night's 6-1 loss: "It's hard to win with one, unless you get a shutout."
I don't know what world he lives in, but not only is it HARD to win with one unless you get a shutout, but as far as I know, it's IMPOSSIBLE to win with one unless you get a shutout.
If you'd like to read the article for yourself, you can click this link: The Big Dead Machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment