Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sweasy's First Law of Summer

Lisa had two museum tours today, and then she was going to attend a graduation party of one of her (now former) seniors, so the girls and I had most of the day to ourselves. After church we came home and had lunch, and then decided that it would be a GREAT idea to go the pool...on a Sunday...when the temperature is 95 degrees.

The place was absolutely packed. We were lucky to find a parking spot at all, and once we got through the entrance we found that every lounge chair and pool chair and picnic bench and any other place to sit was taken, so we ended up just setting our towels down on the concrete.

It was a good time, though. We were there for four hours, and I spent about half of that time in the water with the girls and half the time sweating on the pool deck. After a couple of hours the crowd thinned out enough that we were able to even get a couple of chairs to sit in.

As hot as it was, I made sure to put sunscreen on both of the girls and on myself. Except that I forgot my ears. We use sunscreen with an SPF of 2,343,845 (It's liquid iron. You rub it in and it forms a hard, protective, metal barrier sort of like what a medieval knight would wear into battle.), so I'm pretty much white as a field of new fallen snow everywhere except for my beet red ears.

Which leads me to Sweasy's First Law of Summer (I actually have no idea if there will be a second or third law, but what the hey): No matter how hard you try, you will always forget to put the sunscreen SOMEWHERE.

No comments: