Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween


As I mentioned yesterday, I have a ton of things to talk about after 48 hours of no Internet, but I want to begin with Halloween before that subject becomes completely out of date...

...Our older daughter did NOT get to go trick or treating this year. She had a band competition on Halloween night, but our younger daughter and her friend from down the street did get to go together, and they had a great time.

Easily the highlight of the whole day was a trip to a street about a half mile away from ours. Two neighbors on this street put on a uber-elaborate Halloween display every year. It's absolutely over the top, but it's fun. They usually make the local news with their display, and one year they even made the national news. They spare no expense, including renting a hearse, floating a giant Shrek body over one of the houses, placing automated moving displays all over, and this year--a first--they replaced a few of their classic moving displays with actual people dressed up like those moving displays and standing very still. When you leaned in to get a good luck at them they jumped at you (You can see one do this to Lisa in the video below).

My apologies for the shaky video. I think I'm going to have to get it through my head that if I'm going to use our new digital camera as a video recorder that I have to hold it VERY still and pan slowly. I didn't do that, though, and the video below looks like a scene from The Blair Witch Project.

Which is fitting, I guess.



(I can't see the video.)

No comments: