Today is the start of a short week at work. That's good and bad.
Good because I could use the break. It's been a stressful...uh...a stressful year, really. About this time a year ago my school district switched its Student Information System. It took months to get all of the data corrected from the transition and to learn and teach the new system. Right after that the federal stimulus rolled around and my district used a lot of the money to purchase technology, which of course my department had to purchase, install, and train staff to use. And then in October of this year I had two day-long trainings to organize and participate in. I don't think I've taken a breath at work in a year. So I could use the break.
Bad because I actually have three MAJOR documents due to the state on December 15, and I need to find time to write them. I will work all day Wednesday with most of the staff not in the buildings, so that will help, but I'm going to come back a week from today from a four day weekend rested and relaxed but knowing I have two and half weeks to get these things done.
Holy cow, just saying that stresses me already!
4 comments:
I feel the same way with the launch of the business. Perhaps you should let it drop to Lisa that you would like a Starbucks card for an early Christmas present?
You need Army coffee. Just take some grounds, place them in a number 10 can and boil. You will be awake for days. I remember that coffee on guard duty, never had a problem staying awake. Also about the reports as a "Techie" just tells them the dog ate my bytes"
HAHA...that is what you need. My husband and dad both make that stuff. Get some eye drops, though, because you'll be so wired, you won't even blink.
Thanks for the encouragement. Coffee and Coke Zero is pretty much what I'm living on now...
Post a Comment