I went to the grocery store Sunday, and as I finished checking out the cashier handed me my receipt and said, "You need to read the notice that's at the bottom of the receipt. Looks like you bought some recalled products."I read the bottom of the receipt (part of which you can see in the blurry photo to the right), and this is what it said: "IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE--Valued customer: You may have purchased the product listed below which has now been recalled. You may return the product for a full refund at any of our stores or you may contact the company at" and it listed a phone number. It then listed a number of products that had been recalled, included some Nestle break and bake cookie dough, which we had recently gone on a kick over and as a family had eaten maybe four packages of the stuff.
The bottom of the receipt went on to say "The product may be contaminated with E.COLI 0157:H7 and, if eaten, could result in severe illness to those individuals who may consume this product."
On one hand, I'm grateful that Kroger took the time to warn us. And now I don't feel so bad about using my Shopper's Card. Of course, this confirms what everyone has always suspected: Thanks to the shopper's card, Kroger has a detailed history of everything we buy going back almost a decade. Still, if they're going to have a shopper's card, here's a good use for it.
On the other hand, though, I've already eaten all of the cookie dough, so I've apparently gotten about as sick as I'm going to get.
No comments:
Post a Comment