Monday, June 29, 2009

Heat

I have spent quite a bit of time in the last week painting the wrought iron railings on the front porch of our house. And I'm glad that I'm finished...at least with that part of the job. First of all, for something as insignificant as a railing, it's taken a lot of time to finish this job. The problem is there are all of these little grapes and leaves and designs on the rails, and it's a real pain trying to get good coverage on all of those nooks and crannies.

Another reason I'm glad I'm finished with that, though, is that I did most of that work in the 90 degree heat, and it was darned uncomfortable. After an hour or so standing outside painting I would come in absolutely drenched with sweat. I looked like someone had poured a bucket over me.
I wrote about this a few months ago, but I'll go ahead and say it again: I don't really like the summer. I feel bad saying that because I know most people LOVE the summer and all it has to offer (vacations, pools, barbeques, sun bathing, etc.), but I really have a problem with the heat and humidity. I am so glad to see that the weather for the next few weeks is in the seventies rather than the eighties.

I have more painting to do, and some of it is outside, but at least it won't be extreme heat like it has been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought my grandpa said; "If you can't stand the heat, turn on the air conditioner", or something like that