You probably thought I was finished with talking about Odyssey of the Mind, didn't you? But nope. I promised several people that, after the World Finals competition was over, I'd put up video of Natalie's group's presentation. Well, I still haven't gotten around to loading that video up to YouTube (because I still haven't gotten around to installing the firewire card on my home computer, but that's a different story), so I thought for now I'd just load up some pictures that one of the team member's father's took.
As I mentioned earlier, the task Natalie's group chose to do was called Earth Trek, and it involved them building a vehicle that would visit four different locations. The vehicle had to look different at each location, and when the vehicle visited one of the locations it would appear to be multiple vehicles. They then had to create a skit and perform it. And they had to do everything, from build the vehicle to decide on the four locations to write the skit to build the sets to act it out, WITHOUT any adult help.
Her group decided to use the game Monopoly as the mode for presenting the four locations. In the skit, kids would play Monopoly (which they renamed Omeropoly due to copyright concerns) and the vehicle would travel to four of the squares: Oriental Avenue, New York Avenue, Kentucky Avenue, and Marvin Gardens. At Kentucky Avenue they would change their car into a horse and put mirrors behind it so that it would look like multiple horses.
The team built a rolling cube out of PVC pipe and used it as their set. They simply rotated the cube to a new side to change sets. Natalie spent most of the performance time working "backstage," but she did come out at New York Avenue to perform as a glitzy Broadway dancer.Here are some more pictures from the performance.


1 comment:
Pics are OK, I am waiting for the book and THE VIDEO!!
Post a Comment