Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cincinnati Art Museum

Yesterday, while Lisa was off helping at the Vent Haven, the girls and I visited the Cincinnati Art Museum. It was the first time the girls had ever been to the art museum before, and the first time that I had been without some express purpose (The other two times were for educational meetings), so we had a every nice time. I'd been trying to get the girls to go for a couple of years, but neither was very enthused. Nothing changed yesterday in that regard; what changed was me. After asking them if they wanted to go and both of them whining, I just shook my head and said, "I don't care whether you want to go or not. I want to go, so we're going."

And as I said, the girls enjoyed it. They especially liked seeing paintings of famous artists they'd heard of before, such as the following:









Pablo Picasso (This painting is behind reflective glass, and you can see the reflection of me standing in front of the painting snapping this photo)







And we got a bonus, too. For some reason, the art museum is where naturalized people in the Cincinnati area are sworn in as citizens, and we just happened to be there on the day that this occurred, so we got to watch about 50 people take the oath to become U.S. citizens. It was really an exciting moment.

The Cincinnati Art Museum has free admission, so it's a great deal. That said, I'm not sure when we'll be back. The girls enjoyed it, but after about 90 minutes Natalie said, "I'm all arted out." So we may wait a while before going back again.

No comments: