Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mad Men

One of the things that really bothers me is when I pay perfectly good money to rent a movie and then end up never watching that movie. This is the second time that I have rented the first season of Mad Men from Blockbuster, and this is the second time that I will be returning the disc unwatched. I guess I don't REALLY want to watch the show.

But I've heard such good things about the show. The writing is supposed to be incredible, and the ensemble cast superb. So I feel like I OUGHT to watch it. But I just can't get myself excited about a TV show about ad executives. I'd rather watch WIPEOUT or a STAR TREK or WEST WING re-run.

I guess there's always a disconnect between the things we think we ought to do and the things we want to do. Maybe someday I'll learn that and save myself the $4.99 rental fee.

No comments: