Yesterday morning Lisa and the girls left for Mississippi to visit Lisa's mother (and the girls' Nana), and I stayed behind to paint our basement. It was sincerely a hard choice to stay behind, as I haven't seen Ethel in at least three years, and I hate that I'll be away from my family for almost a week. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to paint the basement without interruption from anyone (They even took the dog!), so I'm here by myself.And it's odd. I miss my family very much, but it's not Lisa or the girls whose absence I noticed when I came home from work last night. It was the dog's. It occurred to me that I had been home alone lots of times without the ladies, but since we'd adopted the dog three months ago SHE had always been here when I came home. The complete silence was weird.
Anyway, as I hinted at in the paragraph above, I didn't start painting as soon as they left yesterday morning. I worked at my real job all day yesterday, even staying late, so that I didn't get home until after 6. By then pretty much all I had time to do in regards to the project was move the little furniture out of the basement, move the big furniture into the middle of the room, put down drop cloths, and get out my materials. The photo above shows how the basement looks as I get up this morning. By the end of the day I hope to have primed the whole basement (I can't just paint over the old paint because it has this ugly decorative glaze on it that I don't want to bleed through) and gotten started on the first of what I hope will be only a two coat job. I'll post more pictures later (mostly for my family, who has Internet access down in Mississippi).
1 comment:
Thanks for the photo. The dog misses you too. She's a freak down here. Post another picture if the contrast is obvious. Going to the pool today to swim and eat garbage. Nice.
Post a Comment