I had planned to write about the fact that today is System Administrator's Day (maybe I will write about that tomorrow). But the power went out at my house due to a thunderstorm just a half hour or so ago, and everything changed.
Lisa is out of town tonight visiting with a bunch of her ventriloquist friends up in Columbus, and I had a full agenda for my night off. I was going to
- Work out on my elliptical
- Do the family finances on the computer
- Play our new Wii Sports Resort game
- Write this blog entry
- Probably just waste an hour doing basically nothing on the Internet.
As I said, I had a lot to cram into one night.
But what do all of the above have in common? That's right: Electricity. So here I am, unable to do anything. I can't even light a candle because--with Lisa gone--I had no way of determining which candles are of the okay-to-actually-use variety and which are of the that's-a-decoration-don't-ever-touch-it variety. It quickly became apparent to me that I just needed to go to sleep tonight and get done tomorrow what I could. So that's what I'm going to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment